ATTENTION STUDENTS: spring tutoring will be all online, beginning 2/01 and ending 5/21. You can schedule both one-time and recurring appointments here, through TutorTrac, starting in late January. For drop-in tutoring, check our website for schedules and how to access: www.chabotcollege.edu/academics/learning-connection/
If you are having trouble scheduling an appointment for any reason, please speak with staff by calling (510) 397-8047 or coming to our Zoom Virtual Front Desk (M-Th, 9am-8pm; Fri, 9am-1pm).
All Students: Please sign into the TutorTrac system by entering your username and password, then press the Enter key or click the Login button.
Username: your W# (example: W10234567)
Password: the first two letters of your first name, followed by the first two letters of your last name
(all lowercased), followed by the last four digits of your W Number.
For assistance, please contact the Learning Connection at email@example.com
BY SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT THROUGH TUTORTRAC YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TERMS OUTLINED BELOW.
INSTRUCTIONS AND TERMS OF AGREEMENT FOR ALL TUTORING APPOINTMENTS
- Appointments must be scheduled at least one day in advance; TutorTrac will not allow you to schedule same day appointments.
- To schedule a same-day appointment, please contact LC staff by calling (510) 397-8047 or coming to our Zoom Virtual Front Desk; same-day appointments must be scheduled at least two hours in advance.
- The system will show open appointments for the next two weeks as a default.
- For the Fall 2020 semester, appointments take place ONLINE via Zoom and are scheduled for 60 minutes. There will be 50 minutes of actual tutoring time.
- You may schedule one appointment per week per class.
- You may be scheduled in a small group appointment based on tutor availability. The LC cannot guarantee individual tutoring appointments due to the limited number of tutors available.
Canceling an Appointment:
If you are unable to attend a tutoring session, you can cancel your appointment in the TutorTrac system:
- To join your online appointment, log into TutorTrac a few minutes before your appointment time. On the main page, underneath "Upcoming Appointments," you will see your appointment details, and the link to join your tutor will appear here 5 minutes before your appointment start time. Click the "Enter Online Appointment" button, and your tutor will let you into the Zoom meeting as soon as they are ready. The button will be available to click throughout your appointment.
- Tutors will wait for 15 minutes, and then they will no longer be available to meet with you. You will be marked "ABSENT" for this appointment.
- If you encounter technical difficulties, please call/text (510) 397-8047 so we can notify your tutor and help you troubleshoot
- Be prepared to provide your W# to your tutor so they can log you in/out "virtually" at the beginning and end of your appointment.
- Before your appointment starts, make sure that you have charged your device(s) and tested to ensure they are functioning properly, especially your audio.
- You are expected to attend your full session time. If you leave early, you will be marked "ABSENT"
You can always contact the Learning Connection for help canceling an appointment as well. Please call, email, or speak with a staff member:
- Upon logging in, you will see a list of your upcoming appointments
- Find the appointment date and time that you need to cancel, then select the grey "X" to cancel the appointment.
Appointments MUST be canceled at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments canceled less than 24 hours in advance or not attended will be considered "ABSENT." If you are absent from 2 or more appointments, we may contact you about re-scheduling your appointment to a time that works better for you.
- If canceling by EMAIL: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Cancel an appointment."
- If canceling by PHONE: call the LC Front Desk at (510) 397-8047. When leaving a message, please be sure to speak slowly and clearly. Be sure you leave your phone number so we can call you back if needed
By scheduling a tutoring appointment through TutorTrac, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and agree to the instructions and terms outlined here. Any questions regarding the policies and terms listed above may be directed to Learning Connection staff or the Program Coordinator.